Market Day

We wrapped up our last fundraiser today with Market Day for Missions alongside several other families, and it was a beautiful day! Something I didn’t expect going into it was the sense of community I felt across the parking lot. Contrary to popular impression, I am actually an introvert at heart, so despite being quite “social,” I don’t always connect the most easily. (In fact, I have begun asking God for a friend, who lives in my area (my lifelong besties are all out of town), who shares some of the same life stages or interests as me.) But today was just a very sweet,fun, comfortable supportive time with other families interested in missions, and willing to put in the effort to send their families, and show up for each other for a community yard sale. 

We are still trusting God for the rest of our financing, but we are over 90% of the way there! I am tremendously proud of the work and generous attitudes our girls have put in to contribute to our fundraising, and I am so grateful to those who have contributed and supported us. Here are a few pictures from the day! 

Coolest family on the block

Our booth, featuring the map of nations coming to England!

Our friend Abby showed up and hung out, and helped the girls sell popcorn and cotton candy

Adria modeling our wares

Spokesmodel Braelyn

Adria being a kid magnet

Hide and seek champion

Joe couldn’t resist a little shopping while we were there! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first team fundraiser

Arriving

Let’s Go, Birmingham!