Burdened for one another

Tonight I am praying for a girl at school. She is cool but pretty quiet, and she doesn’t seem to have made many friends yet. We don’t want her to feel alone. 

My prayer for my girl is to be bold and caring and keep reaching out, but to be respectful of whatever preference this girl has—whether to become friends or not. Reaching out is worth the risk of rejection, and ultimately it isn’t about us. 

And my prayer for the girl is that she know that she is not alone, and for my girl’s persistent invitation to friendship to demonstrate God’s persistent pursuit of us. 

He has made us all different and unique, but he knows us and sees us. He has put this girl in our sights and we see her too. Tonight we are praying for a girl from school.

We are preparing for a mission trip overseas, but there is plenty of opportunity to be God’s hands and feet at home and all around us. I think sometimes the one can make us brave for the other. I have felt like someone has been put squarely in my path before, for me to see and pursue, and to be God’s hands and feet. 

Have you ever had this experience? Is there anyone in your sights I can pray the same things for as the girl from school? Or would you say a prayer for this girl? And for my family to see and respond to what is right in front of us? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first team fundraiser

Arriving

Let’s Go, Birmingham!